.
My 21st Rainbow Affair ~
date: Sunday, July 07, 2013
(Credits: Joelin Cheong's instagram)
Okay, so.. I wanted to post this thank you post on FB, but the party photos are still not up yet (it's okay Naomi, no rush!), and anyway, I'm expecting this to be pretty long, so I've decided to blog up a pressie-cum-thank-you post here!
Thank you everyone, for taking the time off your busy schedules to attend my 21st birthday party yesterday! Your presence has made my birthday party extra ultra uber special in many many ways. I can't thank you enough. Really. And the presents! I looooooooove all of them and will put them all into good use! ^^
And, there are so many things I would like to apologise for, and even more things to say sorry for as I recall yesterday's events. I know I wasn't a good host yesterday, couldn't find the time to talk to everyone but even so, thank you for trying hard to catch me as I'm dashing here and there and everywhere. I'm so sorry for forgetting and missing out a lot of details here and there. I know I can't multitask. ): So many things that I should have said and done but didn't (eg the party music playlist was not played, didn't get to take polaroids with some people, photos of FPA peeps in the hilarious mascot outfits etc etc). I really hope I didn't offend anyone or made anyone upset.. If you know me, I'm quite 神经大条. It almost felt as if I was in a drunken state (although I didn't take any alcohol!) at the party and then today I woke up feeling sober remembering about the things I've missed out on. And, sorry if the food and the cake (and other areas of the party) were not up to satisfaction! I understand the food was like running out towards the end and the fruit punch was like gone! I'm so thankful that my mum has been like monitoring the situation at the buffet table and helping to refill the drink dispenser while I was freaking out. But to sum up, I'm sorry for the imperfections of the party. Hope you guys can understand.
And then, there is a whole list of people I would like to thank for making the party possible:
My parents, for the financial support given to me to make the event possible. My mum especially, for interacting with the guests at the party and making sure everyone had eaten and are comfortable. I'm so glad to be able to take a family photo with my mum and dad yesterday because.. I haven't had a photo with them together since my 1-year-old birthday. So I was really thankful for yesterday's photo opportunity, albeit it was a little awkward.
Mingli Jie Jie and Wilson, sorry it slipped my mind to mention you guys yesterday! This party will definitely not be able to happen if you guys didn't help out with the booking of the chalet units! And thank you to my dear cousins Michelle Jie Jie, Mingli Jie Jie, Kelvin Gor Gor for paying for the chalet units as my birthday presents. I am really truly grateful for that! And Mingli Jie Jie, thank you for driving me around to buy the essentials stuff after check-in.
My clique, namely Liang Ying, Sze Hwei, Zhi Lin (and Dylan, did I spell correctly?), Pin Yi, for helping out with the birthday decorations by staying overnight at the chalet on Friday! I wouldn't have been able to manage by myself if you girls didn't offer to help me out with the decorations, and the party venue wouldn't been as pretty as it was on Saturday. So I'm really really thankful for all that help! Extra thanks go to Liang Ying for helping out as the polaroid photographer (i know it's very tiring to keep standing there.. and again, I'm really sorry if I've made you upset), and also hugs and kisses to Zhi Lin, my personal professional make-up artist who made me feel like a real princess with the extra care and effort you put in doing up my face. (:
And Naomi! Thank you for coming over specially on Saturday morning to make those colourful jellos! (btw, we froze them this morning and they became even nicer!) And also, thank you for lending me the DSLR to take party photos and for, taking the photographs at the party! Must be tiring carrying that bulky and heavy thing!
My cousins, Li Ting, Jia Min, Jia Hui, for helping me put up the decorations in the afternoon. I'm sorry if there was any point of time when I sounded bossy cos I was just feeling stressed out as the seconds were ticking away (and still I had not bathe). And also, Kok Kiong, for helping me to clear away the rubbish and papers on the floor and washing up the dishes and making the place look clean and tidy before the guests arrive and for taking the polaroid photos during the party (and for driving my mum back in the afternoon, and driving Melissa out too).
Thank you Ee Leng, Xin Wen, and Alex for going down to Clarke Quay to collect my birthday cake and then carrying it to the chalet in safe condition!
FPA guys, Sebastian and Raye who helped to take photos of the party and the guests so I have memory keepsakes of the party and of moments that I have missed out on.
And way way way before the party, thank you to all my shopping kakis: Ee Leng, Jasmin, Jonathan, Liang Ying, Melissa for accompanying me to buy the party stuff and especially Ee Leng for nagging (hehe!) and making sure that things are underway (eg booking of chalet, buffet, cake) and Jonathan for helping me carry the stuff here and there!
And last but not least of course, all the people who attended my birthday party! What would a party be without all the party guests? :D
And now, for the presents ~ (presents and names are in no order of merits and preferences, more of chronological order)
Thank you Ting Ting, Jia Min, and Jia Hui for the bag and the wallet (I'm already using it!) and the necklace! Love!! And the bag is big enough for me to bring my textbooks to school yay! ^^
Thank you my darling clique: Liang Ying, Joelin, Zhi Lin, Priscilla, Sze Hwei, Sheena, and also Kok Kiong, Pin Yi and Jia Sen for this Fossil watch (I love the colour!) and the 人生哲理 (I actually have to Google on quite a few of them) which I suppose it's written by Liang? It reminds me of the '17 things to do when you are 17' birthday notecards. Btw, I believe you mean 酒逢知己千'杯'少 rather than 千'坏'少 ba haha!
I was surprised to see this inside also though! ^^
Thank you Maevey! For the lovely colourful manicure treat before the birthday party! Felt so uber pampered that day! (:
Thank you Melissa for this bag!! I love Charles & Keith! Hehe will definitely use it well! It's big enough to keep a lot of essentials and simple enough to go with my clothes so I really like it! (:
Thank you Emily and Jasmin for the Cherry Blossom skincare presents and the birthday cards and Jasmin! Thanks for hunting for this hanbok pen in Korea for me especially just cos I mentioned I want a little hanbok souvenir from Korea (so pretty!) and, it's a good thing I know how to read Korean a little luh! Otherwise dunno which one to use! And Emily, please take care yea? I hope you're feeling better already!
Thank you Liying and Kenny for this Craftholic huggie!!! Apple is here with me right now as I'm typing this post out. I love the yellow gerbera! So bright and cheery! And thank you for the card as well! Liying you always pay attention to the little details so well! And yes, we need to do a proper catch up soon!
My dear FPA Exco! Thank you for the lovely mascot outfit surprise! I really got a shock hahahaha! Dramatic entrance in true FPA style! (thumbs up!) It's just such a pity that I didn't get to take photos with you guys dressed up in the outfits luh! ): And Naomi, Sabrina, Siong Wei, Sebastian, Hermann, Raye, Constance, Gerald, thank you for the presents here! YAY MY PHONE WILL NEVER BE FLAT WHEN I'M OUT NOW MUAHAHAHA! Thank you for the user-friendly and lasting portable charger (which I never got around to buying for fear I would buy myself another lousy charger) and the scrapbook which I can keep my polaroids with and the cute little stamps and the card!
And thank you Yong Kuang for getting this pretty scrapbook paper notepad and Sabrina for choosing it with you! I can already see myself using the pretty designs in there!
Last but not least, thank you my dear SHG volunteers for all these presents below!
Thank you Gillian for giving me this Running Man tee as present! I wore it last night at the chalet and it's currently washing now haha!
And for the picture below,
Firstly, thanks to Shu Yi and Jing Rong and Cynthia for the lovely hand drawn cards! So sweet of you girls! I really adore handmade cards!
Next, thanks to Cynthia, Shu Yi, Zhi Hao, Jia Ying, Jing Rong, Justin, Kang Zhi, Hui Yi, Huiyu, Gui Qin, Serena, Zhao Yang, Sean, Alex, Wei Yu, John (as what was indicated on the Fossil paper bag) for the pretty Fossil watch! I really like the sparkly watch face and it would be so easy to match my clothes with!
And also the Craftholic huggie yayyyyyyy!! I will hug Jingle (yes that's the name I gave it) to sleep every night and have sweet dreams!
Next, thanks to Xin Wen, Ee Leng, Kathy mam, Grace, Shao Qiang and Yue Bao for the Swarovski bracelet which has my horoscope charm on it! Tried the bracelet just now and really love it, especially since I'm a horoscope believer hehe! Don't worry about the sign being red, I was just kidding last night lah hehe! Will definitely wear it out whenever I can!
And thank you for the lovely birthday card and for getting the kids to write birthday messages for me! I'll thank them properly too! (:
And so that means I have 2 Fossil watches now ~
But fear not, cos I'll treasure them both and wear them! It could be a Mon Wed Fri thing for one and Tue Thurs Sat thing for the other one! But looks like I really have to say goodbye to my old Casio watch which has been with me for like 5 years. ): And so it seems like I don't have to buy any watch for the next 10 years? Hehe!
And and and! Thank you everyone for the birthday messages written along with the polaroids taken! For those who wrote birthday cards for me, I'm sorry you had to go through the trouble again thinking of what to write for me (especially Jing Rong, Shu Yi, and Cynthia, who have to write bday message for me like for the third time haha!) but then again, I'm sure it was not much trouble at all because some of your messages were cute and funny and rather creative haha! I had a good time reading through them! Laughters even! Will get to compile all the polaroids and messages in the scrapbook once I have the time! For those who want scans of the polaroids, kindly let me know ya? (:
Thank you for taking the time to read all these! I know I'm really longwinded. I really hope I didn't miss anyone or anything out, if I did, please understand that I didn't mean it kay? ): And hope all of you have had a good rest after the party! And hopefully nobody got stomachaches after eating this?
Thank you for showing your support for these Oreo balls hehe! So happy to hear that they are nice! Should I make some more again? (:
Once again, thank you! And I hope all of you are well rested. (:
P/S: Thanks Sebastian and Hermann for helping me lug all those bags of stuff back to my place. I hope your hands are alright? And hope that you have had a good night's sleep. (:
P/S P/S: I'll be sending personal thank you messages within this week (just in case some of you don't check facebook open)! Just, please give me some time to send them to you one by one kay? (:
P/S P/S P/S: Last thing! If you have a little bit of time on 11 July, send me a Happy Birthday SMS or post on FB? (:
This party has made me realised how truly lucky I am.
Feel so blessed and loved by everyone.
Sidetrack: I'm glad I'm only 21 once.
written by oniontheowl @
10:30 pm
◄ Older posts
Newer posts ►
owl is onion
21. Sitting on the wall. ♔ ...more?
surprise me
nine thousand words
owl hoots
a lightbulb a day
creatives













