.
Child-like
date: Wednesday, July 24, 2013
It's amazing, the kind of replies and responses you can get when you talk to a kid. Especially when you treat him or her like an adult.
It's unsurprisingly surprising but kids do know what they are talking about or doing. If you would just give them a chance to show you. You'll be fascinated by their level of maturity and their comprehension skills. Their little minds have so much to offer!
Plus, they don't judge you. Well, in general, they don't. But even if they do, it's just temporary, and they stop judging the moment they realise that you're nice and interesting to hang around. Yup, just be nice to them once (okay, maybe thrice becuase kids like to 'test water'), and they will totally like you, like forever and ever. Simple as that.
Just don't lie to them or break a promise. They have a VERY good memory. They remember what you have said and what you have done, so don't even try to fool them.
Okay I think I'm becoming incoherent (lack of sleep these days). I didn't intend for this post to be that long. But what I want to say is, it's really lovely to be able to see the children every(work)day, to hear their laughters and cries, to talk and interact with them. It's certainly a perk for me at work and they brighten up my day. Like seriously, whenever my eyes become tired from staring at the computer screen, I'll leave my desk, walk around the school and talk to the kids for a moment or two, and then immediately I feel energised again!
I have friends who think I'm childish and kiddish. Honestly speaking, I actually feel proud to be thought of that way because I really believe it's due to this personality of mine that I'm able to think from a child's point of view and thus be able to communicate with them. I mean, not everyone can do that right? (:
It's unsurprisingly surprising but kids do know what they are talking about or doing. If you would just give them a chance to show you. You'll be fascinated by their level of maturity and their comprehension skills. Their little minds have so much to offer!
Plus, they don't judge you. Well, in general, they don't. But even if they do, it's just temporary, and they stop judging the moment they realise that you're nice and interesting to hang around. Yup, just be nice to them once (okay, maybe thrice becuase kids like to 'test water'), and they will totally like you, like forever and ever. Simple as that.
Just don't lie to them or break a promise. They have a VERY good memory. They remember what you have said and what you have done, so don't even try to fool them.
Okay I think I'm becoming incoherent (lack of sleep these days). I didn't intend for this post to be that long. But what I want to say is, it's really lovely to be able to see the children every(work)day, to hear their laughters and cries, to talk and interact with them. It's certainly a perk for me at work and they brighten up my day. Like seriously, whenever my eyes become tired from staring at the computer screen, I'll leave my desk, walk around the school and talk to the kids for a moment or two, and then immediately I feel energised again!
I have friends who think I'm childish and kiddish. Honestly speaking, I actually feel proud to be thought of that way because I really believe it's due to this personality of mine that I'm able to think from a child's point of view and thus be able to communicate with them. I mean, not everyone can do that right? (:
written by oniontheowl @
10:37 pm
◄ Older posts
Newer posts ►
owl is onion
21. Sitting on the wall. ♔ ...more?
surprise me
nine thousand words
owl hoots
a lightbulb a day
creatives